Clarity & Color
Through microscopic examination and comparison stones, let us show you exactly
Why choosing an Erwin Diamond is Your Most Brilliant Choice
GIA Clarity Grading Scale
|Very, Very Slight Imperfections
|Very Slight Imperfections
- The Gemological Institute of America Clarity Grading Scale ranges from Flawless (FL) to Imperfect (I3).
- Examined under 10x magnification, the quantity and placement of impurities determines each diamond's grade.
- Impurities may adversely affect the light transmitted through a diamond.
- We suggest a clarity grade with absolutely no impurities visible to the naked eye.
GIA Color Grading Scale
|Very Light Yellow
- The Gemological Institute of America Color Grading Scale ranges from (D) colorless to (Z) yellow, with colorless being the most rare.
- When light enters a colorless diamond, it produces the full spectrum of rainbow colors when exiting.
- For this reason, we suggest a diamond ranging in color grades from (D) colorless to (J) near colorless.